Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"Bloody Electric Lights!"

I had a chance - a near chance anyway - to take a really amazing photo of a dramatically stormy-looking sky over Tokyo this evening, but I had to look at it through glass and the interior lights of the building I was in couldn't be turned off (not by me in any case) so I had to take the picture through the glass, and try to shield the lens from the very unwelcome and unwanted electric lights inside.  Who knows, maybe a picture or two even turned out decently, but how much nicer, more dramatic, more memorable, more human, more-more-more better things it would have been had I been out in the open.

Sealed boxes - I hate them.  How can you connect with the world when you have to look at it through thick glass all the time, as though it were just another version of watching TV or a movie?  Where are the winds?  The subtle connections with the rest of the world?  Out there, on the other side of the glass, that's where!

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/

No comments: