Tuesday, August 08, 2006

An Amazing Sky...

This evening in Tokyo, from about 6:00 to 6:15, there was the most amazing sky....  I took a few pictures from a high-rise at about 6:10, and the color of the sky looks very unreal, but it really was that color.  Well - it was stronger and stranger in person - the photo is a very poor substitute for how it really looked (and felt), but it does at least give a small idea of the strange/powerful/wonderful colors that were filling the sky and lighting the land then.  If I hadn't seen it myself, I probably wouldn't have believed it, but maybe I'm just mega-city ruined to beautiful sunsets?  Out in the natural world, that sort of thing is just the way it often is?  I'm not sure, but I don't remember a sky striking me in quite that way before....

What else.  Ah!  An upgrade to a 2GB SD memory card for my camera, which should help out - I sometimes run out of memory in a day of intensive recording.  The whole computer, digital camera, MP3 player thing... I often feel like I'm riding a wave that I wish had come sooner, but still happy to be on the wave and have it carrying me forward.  When my computer's hard drive was filling up, along came larger hard drives!  When I was running out of space for photos on my camera's flash memory card, along came larger flash memory cards!  I'm happy to have this technology, but every once in a while I envy people around sixteen years old - what I could have done if I'd had these tools from when I was sixteen!

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/

No comments: